Re: Clutch Problems

To: "NSippel" <nsippel@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Problems
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:36:05 -0700
I'm not really sure what kind it was. It was a standard clutch disc that I
bought on sale in 1996 or 1997 as part of a set with the pressure plate for
around $100. I'm thinking it was a Beck Arnley but maybe it was a Borg &
Beck. It saw a few years of light use in my 71BGT before the car was
wrecked. And then it sat for two years before being used in my 72B.
However, in this case, I believe I broke it when I mated the engine and
transmission. I haven't actually removed it yet for full analysis though -
but the engine and transmission are spread apart enough for me to see the
flywheel side of it. I'm going to get an engine hoist so I can move the
engine just forward enough to get it out but it might not be until this
weekend. Unfortunately the temperatures here will be plummeting about 30-40
degrees by tomorrow (but highs will still be in the teens) so my garage
likewise will be a bit colder but still above freezing since it is somewhat
heated. (I'm not a cold weather person as you might be able to tell - and
next time I move, I think I'll make sure its a place where palm trees grow).

David