RE: Reliability...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Reliability...
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:54:14 -0700
> I'd say you're not at all unrealistic, particulalry if
> you're willing to spend as much on an MGB as you would on a Miata.

Ah, and that's the key.  What does a Miata cost?  $25,000?  What's it
worth in 5 years?  $10,000?

Buy an MGB for $7-$8,000 maintain it like you would a new Mazda (and
make those repairs that the Mazda won't need).  At the end of the same
five year period you'll have a car worth at least what you paid for it;
and the cost of ownership will be less.

Don't believe it?  Ask Barney how much the ownership costs of his MGA
has been over the last 30 years....

Larry Hoy