Integral Cams

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net"
Subject: Integral Cams
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:58:29 -0500
Lists,

I asked on the 6pack (TR6) and mgs lists last week if anyone had used or
knew of Integral Cams. I didn't get much of a response so I checked
around some. Based on what I found, I think anyone interested in a new
cam for their LBC should at least consider Integral Cams.
http://www.integralcams.com/

I learned that Integral Cams supplies cams to the Kent Prather Racing
team and for the engines they build for customers.

Being new to LBC's, I didn't know who Kent Prather was, so I asked
around. Probably many of you already know. Some comments/opinions follow
from some expert and long time LBC enthusiasts at 6pack:

*****

Don,

If Kent Prather is a customer of Integral Cams, you will then never find
higher praise from any other source! Kent runs an MGA in the SCCA, in
fact he won this years nationals in October at Mid-Ohio.   He came in
third last year after his tires began to blister after the initial wet
running in the beginning of the race.

Kent also runs his own shop building hi-performance MG engines (and
Mazda RX7 motors) for fellow SCCA racers. So if Kent uses Integral Cams
in his motors, then there is absolutely no reason to look elsewhere.  My
opinion of Kent is extremely high, his car is beautifully prepared, and
with numerous National titles under his belt (all with his MGA) it is a
testament to the durability of Integral's cams.

If you want to get in touch with Kent check out:

http://www.networksplus.net/kprather/

*****

And another....

*****

Oh yes. Kent Prather is a long-time presence at the SCCA Runoffs. Kent
has three national championships - quite an amazing feat when you
consider the competition (and that he's driving a car that is over 40
years old).

******

Lastly, this from Kent Prather...

*****

Don,
I am very happy with Integral Cams.  We do use Integral Cams and would
say "by all means, spread the word!"  However, we hope they don't get so
busy they can't do our cams!!
Kent

*****

Just thought I'd pass it along. Lots of quality support out there for
our LBCs.

Don Malling