radio antennae

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: radio antennae
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:09:11 -0600
In preparation for the paint shop, I've just gotten the radio antennae out
(2 hours!) of the 79B. I had to loosen the left front splash guard (not
remove, because I couldn't get the bottom bolt out even after PB blasting it
for a week, using a impact driver, and heating it with a blow torch) to get
to it.
Since I've torn up the old antennae I'll need a new one. I see Moss offers
two replacements (besides the power one which I don't want). Which one does
everyone recommend and why?
The next few days I'll be removing the top, windshield (dash is out), and
chrome strips and I'll she'll be ready to paint back the original color
(Carmine Red). Luckily there's no rust in behind the splash panels.
Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG
          74 1/2 Rust, parts car