Re: Grose Jets

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grose Jets
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:29:30 -0800
The theory is, they are less likely to get stuck, or get crud stuck in them.
And they shouldn't ever wear out.

However, from personal experience, they can still get crud stuck in them, so
I don't know if they really are an improvement in that sense.

They also can demonstrate an odd resonance phenomenon when used in
conjunction with the original brass-hinge floats in HS-4 carburetors.

All in all, I am not sure that they would be worth swapping to for any
particular benefit. On the other hand, if you already have them (installed
by the PO), I wouldn't worry about them being a liability, either, except
for the case mentioned above (the solution to which is to use the
replacement floats with the solid nylon hinge).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149