RE: driving a target/mgb in Atlanta (was RE: ?High and

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: driving a target/mgb in Atlanta (was RE: ?High and
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:00:49 -0600
> Are SUV's more dangerous? In my experience they are. They have less
> visibility for shorter cars (me) behind them.

All vehicles have compromises.  It's up to the driver of the vehicle to
drive in a manner appropriate to the vehicle.  Hell, I once started to take
off from a stop sign (cross-traffic doesn't stop) in my MG because the
rear-view mirror blocked my view of the other car.  Now I always make sure
to peer around it.

Yes, SUV's have a high-center of gravity, which makes them more prone to
rollovers.  But you know what car has the most rollovers?  The Corvette,
which has a very low center of gravity.

All of the talk about a vehicle being inherently dangerous is a nice way to
try to avoid personal responsibility for poor driving.