NON LBC - automatic honda CRX question

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: NON LBC - automatic honda CRX question
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:43:34 -0500
list,
my g/f's car has developed a shifting under load problem, it doesn't like to
do it.  I couldn't tell you when the last time the ATF was changed but it was
a LOOOONG time ago.  It was really low and the local parts guy told us to put
Dexron III in it.  It called for Dexron II, but he said that Dexron III was an
improved formula and we should use it.  I must admit I don't know a lot about
automatics, did he tell us the truth?  We put in Dexron III but it did not
help, should we have used Dexron II?  Also can anyone offer any other input on
what might be wrong, it has about 168,000 miles on it?
TIA.

James Nazarian
71 B tourer
71 BGT V8