RE: Fw: mgb conversion

To: "'JAMES SCHULTE'" <schultejim@prodigy.net>, Bullwinkle
Subject: RE: Fw: mgb conversion
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:17:41 -0800
Blake:

        I stuffed a Ford 2.8 Litre V6 into a 1968 MGB GT back in my
nefarious youth.

        It required almost as much engine bay modification as the BOP V8 and
had enough non-solved problems that I finally gave up and parted the car out
a couple of years ago.  The engine is now in my friend's Marcos which goes
like a scalded cat.

        If I were to do it again, I would use the GM series of 60 degree
V6s.  The 3.8 is a real nice motor and compact.

        I'm doing a V8 conversion now, because most of the parts are
available off the shelf and the car has some kind of heritage.  I'm tired of
having to re-invent the wheel every time something breaks and refabricate
parts.  Time is too short, and the project list too long.  There is enough
fabrication necessary just to fix the stock parts.

Kelvin.