Re: Self Repair Facilities

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MGMagnette@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Self Repair Facilities
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:02:28 -0500
John,

Way back in the mid-seventies my dad worked on his Sunbeam Tiger at such a
shop on Pease AFB.  Being primarily for military personnel, that may not
help you (Pease is closed down now anyway, right?).  BTW, the famed
Motorhead, Ltd. in Virginia started out decades ago as a variation of a
do-it-yourself co-op (it has since evolved into one of the premier LBC shops
nationally).  Maybe a local High School shop garage can help you with
access - worth a call or visit.  If you can afford the expense of a cheap
rental, a past employer of mine basically operated a shop out of an old
light-industrial zoned storage facility.  It was kind of "on the other side
of the tracks", but that is precisely what made it possible - and very
inexpensive.

Good Luck,

Dean