Have Seen it done: mgb V6conversion

To: "mglist" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Have Seen it done: mgb V6conversion
From: "Glenn Blair" <agblair@csonline.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:01:13 -0500
Ive seen the V6 3.1 from GM 91 GranPrix/Am front drive motor turned 90
degrees, matched to an S10 bellhousing/trans and put in an MGB by a company
in Dayton Ohio. Shifter fell same pot as MGB. This was at recent annual
British Car Meet put on by the Austin Healy club of Cleveland, Ohio on the(I
believe) the first weekend of May each year.  The job was very well done.
Good fit, lots of room.  Used an electric water pump and I believe very few
drive train mods were needed. One, was moving the starter to the other side
on the bellhousing.  At the time they planned to improve it and sell a kit
similar to the ones for the V8 conversion.  I think they used same
radiator??!!  glenn  77 MGB;  RBB parts car, 325iX BMW