Re: Engine Conversions and fuel economy:

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Conversions and fuel economy:
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:15:42 -0800 (PST)
David Randall SEZ -

> Rising gas prices? We're living on borrowed time with our subsidized fuel
> prices. We'll be paying European prices soon -- we can't live the
> cheap-energy lie forever.
(Deletions...)

Hey, you sound like my 7th grade Social Studies teacher.  He was
telling us this in 1971.  Except he told us European prices would
be nothing compared to what we'd be paying for gas by 1980.
The reason gas is so expensive in Europe is the same reason
everything else is expensive in Europe - taxes needed to fuel
the wellfare state.

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were