Re: For those LBC owners who have cruise controls

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: For those LBC owners who have cruise controls
From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 12:44:24 -0500
Maybe I'm wrong (it's happened before <g>), but this doesn't make any sense
at all and sounds like another urban myth.

The cruise control uses the speed of the wheels (drivetrain) to determine
the speed of the car.  If the car hydroplanes the cruise system would not
"know" this and would maintain the same engine speed - not speed up.  If
anything the car would probably slow down a little since the drive wheels
are not in contact with the road.

Rick