Plugs [warning, likely to be a religious issue]

To: MGs@autox.team.net, hans@hi-flow.com, capthiland@aol.com,
Subject: Plugs [warning, likely to be a religious issue]
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 12:14:17 -0800
I've been running NGK BP6ES as the default plugs in my mowog cars for
about 22 years. The store I bought plugs in yesterday didn't have the
NGKs, so I got a set of Densos.  Denso's cross reference to the BP6ES
is the W20EPU, but the plug they reccomend is the W20EXU, which has an
extra long "nose".

The didn't have any W22EXUs in stock so I got a set of W22EPUs, the
equivalent of the BP7ES.

First question, any preference on the EPU versus EXU if I end up
running Denso's again?

When I checked the plugs this morning, they were clean. Apart from a
little carbon on the face of the metal ring by the threads (from
driving the car up on the ramps) they looked brand new. The insulator
nose was white, not tan, not brown, not black.

Should I keep going to cooler plugs until I verge on having problems
with them fouling?

Hans, which plugs do you reccomend on the supercharged motors?

  Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.