Re: There is hope for today's generation

Subject: Re: There is hope for today's generation
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:15:44 -0800
On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 03:00  PM, Larry Colen wrote:

> I was at the hardware store looking for drain pans. I mentioned to the
> kid helping me find one that I wanted a low one as it was for my
> MG. He looked at me and said "Don't you need about eight of them in
> order to catch all the little leaks?".
>
> It was so refreshing to get banter about my car, rather than just a
> blank stare.

I got a better story, happened just yesterday :)

I ordered my new summer tires to put on my new Minator (thanks Lawrie!)
wheels.  Since there is no way I would be able to get 4 shod wheels
back home from Moscow, I entrusted a good friend with a pickup to help
me out.

While I was waiting, the good friend was looking at wheels that looked
fairly good on the older Mustang, and commented something about the
"spinners".  I said something the effect that on _proper_ cars, those
things are good for more than looks.  The clerk looks at me and says
"Yeah, if you have an MG."  Said clerk did not know the make of my car.

Eagerly anticipating the spring...

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation apply.
  My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.