Re: MG door panel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG door panel
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:57:58 EST
raspberrybanana@juno.com wrote:

<<<Subject: MG door panel

Hey,
I want to know how to remone the vinyl piece on the top of the door. It is
the piece that you're arm would rest on. Their is no mention of it in the
manual. Has anyone done this before? SOS
Marty
78 & 79 Midget, both run fine, Now I'm doing the interior.>>>

The responses from Bill and Dan are based on the MGB which is a bit different
from the Midgets listed in your sig. On a Midget you have to remove the
window winder handle and the door release which have exposed screw heads and
the door pull which has screws concealed under the two covers that have to be
slid off first. The door panel can then be removed by popping out the
numerous clips along each side and along the bottom. The top piece is held on
the door with nuts on studs that can be positioned along a channel that runs
the length of the underside of the trim piece. You reach the nuts through the
top of the door openings.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA