Major D type overdrive messup

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Major D type overdrive messup
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:14:01 EST
Well listers....I did it.
After finally finding an early overdrive tranny for my 66 and rebuilding it
to perfection with the help of my list buddies, I did the unthinkable.
Yup...I got distracted one day last fall and backed up with the OD engaged.
I must have miswired the lockout switch because it won't work anymore.(when
engaged the clutch facing skids on the brake ring....it's jammed)
I'm afraid I didn't read the part when Paul Hunt said to wire the solenoid in
series with the lockout switch.
I'm about to pull the engine and was wondering if anyone had any experience
with this kind of failure. What generally goes?....the unidirectional clutch,
the carrier gears?
Any insights as to what I can expect to see when I open it up?
TIA
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398 L