Miata seats in MGs

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miata seats in MGs
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 15:15:58 -0800
I have heard a lot on this list from time to time about people fitting Miata
seats to MGBs. Well, I finally had an opportunity to drive a Miata (late 1st
gen), and I thought the seats were the worst part of the whole package. The
backrest was fine, firm and with good lateral support, but the seat cushion
was extremely strange. It felt like it was squirming around like jello on
every little bump, and had a very annoying lateral seam right where it could
be felt the most -- the seam felt like sitting in an Adirondack chair with
one slat missing.

This is a relatively low-mileage car, with the original not-too-heavyweight
owner, so I don't think the seat could be too worn out, and anyway, the
passenger seat felt the same, and it's been hardly used. Apparently some
people (possibly with different-shaped posteriors) find these seats
comfortable, but I personally would rather have my 1966 MG seats any day.

Just an observation...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149