Reading O2 sensors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, hans@hi-flow.com
Subject: Reading O2 sensors
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:12:39 -0800
I'm trying to dial in the carburettor on my MGB now that I've
installed the blower. Rather than spending $100/hour on the dyno, I
thought I'd try installing a mixture guage, so I bought the Nordskog
M7009 guage and the S8942 (4 wire) O2 sensor.

It turns out that the 10 led guage just does not give enough
resolution to work for the tuning I'm trying to do, so I've hooked a
DMM up to the output of the sensor.

I tried a quick google search, but am unable to locate a curve that
matches voltage up with O2 level, or fuel mixture, except in the
roughest sense. Does anyone have any urls to good detailed graphs
relating O2 sensor voltage with what they measure?

This is a "1 volt" sensor and seems to have stoichiometric at right
around 0.5 volts.  I'm especially interested in the range of .85 to
1.0 volts, as that is where the car seems to be running.

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.