Re: OFF TOPIC - PHOTO SIZING

To: barrier@bconnex.net
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC - PHOTO SIZING
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:40:51 -0800 (PST)
Barrie Robinson SEZ -
>                                                               How do you
> chaps get your pictures down to transmittable sizes??  What I mean what
> program do you use?

For simple resizing and gamma/chroma adjustments I use xv.  The
Gimp package does just about everything Photoshop does, but has
the added advantage that it's free.  xv is also free.  Both run
under Linux.  You didn't say what kind of computer you have, but
if it's running Windoze, this is a perfect time to upgrade from
that graphical-shell-for-an-interrupt-parser to an actual operating
system.   :-)

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were