RE: British Automotive Tranny kit

To: "'Max Heim'" <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: British Automotive Tranny kit
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:26:13 -0800
Glenn:

        On the conversions I have done, the firewall did not require any
bashing IF the engine and transmission were installed as a unit.  I made the
mistake of pulling the engine only out of my 65 racecar (with late trans)
and found that I could not reinstall the engine without denting the firewall
to allow the front of the bellhousing to be lifted to align with the
in-coming engine.  The starter hump would not allow the bellhousing to lift
enough, so more bashing than I was happy with was required to allow
clearance.

        If the engine and trans go in as a unit, the tail of the trans is
low enough that the whole assembly slides in, without any dinging.

Hope this helps.

Kelvin.