Re: Offset question

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Offset question
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 03:28:47 -0500
Most wheels are listed in a mm offset rather than backspacing, a 0 offset
being the wheel face that touches the brake being centered in the middle of
the rim width, a positive offset being a wheel face closer to the outside of
the wheel rim.  Generally, the offset for MGBs is in the range of +22 to +28
depending on who you ask.  By some rough math yours have about a +36 offset,
and this is probably too much, but some excess positive offset can be made
up for with longer wheel studs and a quality spacer.

James Nazarian
71 B tourer
71 BGT V8
85 Dodge Ram