Re: Classic British TV: The Saint and British cars

To: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Classic British TV: The Saint and British cars
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:04:16 -0600
Matthew Milkevitch wrote:
> Hello Listers;
>
> Last evening, my wife and I watched an episode of the
> classic TV series, The Saint.  Quite a good series, I
> think Roger Moore does very well in it.  Usually,
> these episodes have feature appearances from a variety
> of cars, and of course British cars are well
> represented (being a British production, that is).
>
> However, in the episode we were viewing last night,
> there was some great rally footage featuring numerous
> LBCs.  I saw numerous Minis, a Lotus Cortina, an MGB,
> a big Healy, and I believe a Rover P5 (not sure).  In
> this episode, Simon actually competes in the rally,
> which appears to do a perimeter run through England.
> He drives a TVR in the race, so there's great footage
> of that car cruising down some windy, muddy roads.  I
> don't know TVRs that well, but I believe it was a
> Griffith (could be wrong). Of course Simon wins.

Sounds pretty fun. It also sounds like the plot of
every Speed Racer. Roger is a bit better actor than
Speed though. :-)

> Before the race even starts, a Marcos and Jensen
> Interceptor make an appearance.  And of course,
> there's Simons Volvo P1800 (I think this is correct).

Yes, that's his car. I recently (probably from this list)
found out that it was built in England (or was it Scotland?).

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155