Re: ZS to HIF conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ZS to HIF conversion
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:30:57 EST
On 3/3/03, Bill wrote:

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:12:42 -0700
From: "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@msn.com>

Monte,

When I did my '77, I put the knob in the plastic "knockout" in the upper
right corner of the dash.  This is the location used in my '72, and I did
not have to drill the dash itself.  It is easier, restorable, and sort of
"correct"

Bill

I converted my ZS to a single HIF6 (Austin Marina carb) on my 1978 MGB in
1991. I relocated the rheostat switch for the instrument lights to the blank
plate and installed the choke to the rheostat location. Gives a stronger
mount for the choke (which is used much more frequently than the rheostat!).
I have since converted the single HIF6 to dual HS4's...and used the same
mount location.

rick ingram
1978 mgb
1969 mgc