Re: Confessions: safe to get back in?

To: "Tom Reynolds" <kjtar@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Confessions: safe to get back in?
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 23:35:29 -0600
Tom,
Come on back into the fold. I also owned a 68B in 73 and had a few problems
with it. But it also was the most fun I'd ever had in a car...........so I
now own two. It has now become a hobby to me; now that the kids are out of
the house and I do have some time to tinker. I never did anything
mechanically to a car in my life, but now I'm tackling this and that on the
MG's to get them to look and drive like new again. I've had the 79B for
almost two years now and once I got a few bugs out of it, it is now very
reliable. The 67B, I bought off Ebay last June and I have not had a bit of
trouble with it. I drive them both a lot-much preferable to driving the
minivan and full sized truck. This list has a fantastic bunch of people that
have many years of expertise and are willing to share it. This is the reason
I now fell comfortable tackling anything mechanically on the cars. Too bad
we didn't have access to this resourse years ago! Several of the listers are
full time MG mechanics, parts salespersons, and restorers.
So, if you have some time to play around, get you another MG and put the fun
back in driving!

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG