vent window hinge

Subject: vent window hinge
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:51:20 +0200
OK, here's one I haven't seen in the archives . . .
The lower hinge (the half connected to the window) on my vent window is
broken.
I have the new part, I have the proper rivets - is there any way to remove and
replace beyond
1) remove glass
2) drill out old rivets
3) rivet in new part
4) remount glass

I don't want to mess with the glass if I don't have to, but I don't want to
chance breaking it by leaving it in there either.
Any hints for removing and replacing vent glass without making a mess of it?

(the upper hinge is held on with screws - of course, the easily
accessible/replaceable part is never the one that goes)

RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv