Floor/Door Sill Experiences

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Floor/Door Sill Experiences
From: "Rick Starkweather" <rstarkweather@scottmadden.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:45:29 -0500
Can any of you relay to me your experiences regarding floor and door
sill replacement costs here in the US?  I just purchased a 1966 MGB
which has been prepped for SCCA racing.  To make a long story short, my
due diligence efforts were not as sound as I thought -- nor are the
floor pan or the passenger side door sill!!  I need a new floor, both
sides, new crossmember and jacking points and a passenger side door
sill.  Can you give me a rough idea as to costs?  Also, any
recommendations for a good shop that can do the work near North
Carolina?  I am particularly interested in finding someone who can
ensure the unibody remains "straight" so I don't have suspension set-up
problems later on.  Thanks in advance.

Richard D. Starkweather
Scott, Madden & Associates, Inc.
919-781-4191 (office)