Re: Trailer thanks

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: Re: Trailer thanks
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:53:37 -0500
   I towed my 80 B on a U-Haul trailer from Philly to
Boston with no problems.  I used a 2002 Explorer (new body
style) with towing package.  Per Kelvin's comments below,
Uhaul did question the type of tow vehicle when I spoke
with them on the phone, and they did a quick look-see when
I arrived.  They were definately prepared to say "no" if
they thought that they truck could not handle it.

One thing in U-haul's favor, the automatic trailer brakes
worked very well for me.  Hardly noticed any increase in
stopping distance.   Also I lucked out.  I had a new
trailer. I may have been the first one to use it.

Good luck with your tow.  If you take it easy, you won't
have any problems.  Just leave plenty of extra time.

Gene Balinski
80 B

http://www.nni.com/