Re: daily driver

To: Jim Stuart <vze3swyy@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: daily driver
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:14:26 -0800 (PST)
--- Jim Stuart <vze3swyy@verizon.net> wrote:
> I started using a side curtain Midget- 1963 with a
> 1275 & rib cage tranny-
> as a daily driver in the '70s. Next was a 1971 GT,
> then a 1977 B which I
> converted to a V8, then a 1974 GT V8 conversion, now
> a 1966 V8 conversion,
> with another GT being built. Total miles over
> 650,000 to date. Until October
> of 2002, I did not own a non- MG- I bought an old
> Cherokee to haul; parts.
>

> Jim Stuart
> 1966 MGB V8
> 1973 MGB GT V8
> 1988 Jeep Cherokee
> Reply to <jimbb88@usa.com>

Jim,
     I too use my MG stable as daily transportation. I
lived in Colorado for 26 years. During that stay, I
had two MG daily drivers at the same time. My 1974
B-gt was purchased in 1984, my 1976 B- roadster two
years later. I put many thousands of miles on both..my
wife drove the roadster.
    Coast to coast motor trips were a summer reality
most years..Yes, we did have our "adventures", but
they added to the MG story as they related to our
life.
     I will not trade a second of that life for
anything..I live in Wv now..have the same two MG
cars..and drive them year round..maintaince is a way
of life for these cars...so is loving every mile I
spend with my wife and out two MG time machines.
Howard Gentry
1974 MG-B gt
1976 MG-B roadster

http://webhosting.yahoo.com