Re: brake cylinders

To: mmorris@nemr.net
Subject: Re: brake cylinders
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:52:19 -0500
Monte,
  I can't answer your question but raise a question to you and other MGA
people....
  At a tech session last year, we had an MGA in for new rear brake cups.
The Moss cups ordered didn't fit the pistons and the pistons didn't look
quite right to some of the MGA owners.  A quick telephone call to Moss,
on a Sunday afternoon, revealed that the pistons in the rear cylinders
were not OEM pistons, so the Moss (OEM type) cups would not fit.  Well,
that stopped progress for the day, but the owner ordered the new rear
brake assemblies and had them in hand from Moss on Tuesday so we could
complete the job.
   Point of this note is that you might also have non-standard bits in
there.
Bob