Re: Midget wheel color code ?

To: Kendel McCarley <kmmccarley@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Midget wheel color code ?
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:30:00 -0600
Kendel McCarley wrote:
> Newbie question here...
>
> I picked up my sandblasted wheels yesterday and swung by a paint shop to pick
>up the silver paint.  I'd been told by my local Moss parts dealer that I
>should ask for "Argent Silver".  The paint guys laughed at me because argent
>is Spanish for silver and there are a lot of argent silvers in their books.
>
> I tried going through their books, but I just don't have an eye to try and
>match the original color (from memory) to a sample.  I've found several web
>based color charts for MGs, but no mention of the wheels.
>
> I don't want to just get the rattlecan paint from the Moss catalog as I'd
>prefer a single stage catalyst based paint (tougher, more resistant to stains
>and rust).  Can anyone please tell me what color code to use to match the
>original color?
>
> Thanks

Check out the University Motors tech tips. He gives a color,
I remember. He is powder coating though.

I painted mine over the winter. Didn't sandblast them first,
but when I get new tires, I'm thinking of powdercoating.

Anyway, I used the Moss wheel paint. They look good.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155