Supercharger issues

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Supercharger issues
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:09:44 -0800
It seems as if Dema Elgin's suggestion about closing the intake valve
lash to 0.012" to increase overlap and reduce pinging works. I just
tried it and the car does not seem to be pinging in at least one of
the "high risk" conditions where it was most likely to happen.

Also, if anyone who has experience with the hi-flow blower kit would
be willing to help me, I've got the first draft of an article that I'm
going to submit to classic autosport posted at a secret url. I still
haven't written the tuning section, but the rest of it is there.

I'd certainly appreciate it if some other folks who have "Been There
Done That" could look at what I've got and give me their feedback. I
realize that my experience is way out of the norm for this
installation. Drop me a note to lrc@red4est.com and I'll send you the
URL. For various reasons, I don't want to just post it publicly
before I've actually sold it, or gotten a rejection letter.

Even if you haven't installed one of Hans' kits, I could probably be
persuaded to tell you the URL, especially if you have strong interest
in buying one.

  Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.