Re: Which relay is it? (was: Death by Starting)

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Which relay is it? (was: Death by Starting)
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:52:24 -0000
Generally the starter relay is the one aft of the fusebox and the ignition
relay in front of it.  The starter relay has brown, black, white/red and
brown/white, and just to be confusing the ignition relay has brown, black,
white and white/brown wires.

The white should get 12v from the ignition key in the 'on' position to
operate the ignition relay to ground.  The relay contact extends 12v from
the brown to the white/brown which goes to the fusebox, coil/electronic
ignition and cooling fan fuse.

The white/red gets 12v from the ignition key in the 'start' position to
operate the starter relay to ground.  Its contact extends 12v on the brown
to the brown/white to operate the solenoid.