Re: Lucas Part Number

To: list@marketvalue.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Part Number
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 05:37:57 EST
In a message dated 3/27/03 11:58:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
list@marketvalue.net writes:

> Side marker lenses for a 1969?
>
> The 1969 cars had reflectors.  They have a metal surround with posts
> that go through the fenders.  On the inside of the fenders friction nuts
> hold them on.
>
> Larry Hoy

That is what I thought I was buying (again, not a truly clear picture on
e-Bay).  I have the lenses that came with my 69, believe them to be original,
and there is an actual hole through the frame to bolt to the fender.  The
Lucas Part 57171 lense frames show no visible hole, they bolt from the inside.

Steve in NJ