MGB Rear Brake Sticking?

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Rear Brake Sticking?
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:11:26 -0000
Has anyone seen this happen? I think one of my rear brakes is sticking. When I
stop, then start again, I hear a clunk sound from the rear. When I stop on an
incline, the car isn't rolling backwards. But it will roll freely again after
the clunk noise. This sticking/clunk only happens when coming to a complete
stop with the brake. If I coast to a stop, no sticking/clunk. If I don't come
to a complete stop, no sticking/clunk. I'd like to be prepared with the proper
parts before I pull the drum.

Does this sound like a brake cylinder binding?

Does the "collapsed brake hose" syndrome act like this?

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions with the brake theory. Can anything else
cause this?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470