RE: Battery disconnect...

To: <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: RE: Battery disconnect...
From: "Scott & Lynn Hower" <howersl@att.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:32:45 -0500
>From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>

>Subject: Re: Battery Quick Disconnect?

> I haven't installed one yet, but I intend to and I'll use a simple
toggle switch >somewhere that will handle the current. Currently I've
just installed quick disconnect >battery cables. Monte

Monte-

I wouldn't recommend a toggle switch as a battery disconnect.  A better
(safer) option is a toggle switch to control either the fuel pump or
control circuit of the starter relay.  The MG may act like it wants to
start, but it wont get very far if it does.

On non-OD cars it is common to wire a fuel pump cutoff using the
preinstalled switch on the OD stalk.

--Scott