Re: Language Translator

To: "Hugh Wolfe" <hugh_wolfe@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Language Translator
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:49:14 -0500
That's Babelfish, http://babelfish.altavista.com/

It's been around a long time, and is decently good.  I also use it to
respond to people who write us in Spanish, French, Portuguese, German,
whatever.  You have to write clear english - not too much slang - to get a
good translation, and I like to translate it back again to double-check the
meaning stays.  I've actually had compliments on my French language skills
from people I've written using it, even though I'm terrible at French
without it.

- Tab

p.s.: the Babel Fish was a fictional creature in Hitchhiker's Guide the the
Galaxy or whatever that could translate between any two languages, hence
the site name.