Re: Big Bore

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Big Bore
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 17:06:11 -0500
WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 07/04/03 11:21:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:
>
> > Rocky Frisco SEZ -
> > >
> > > The only thing I would add to that is that it can be gratifying to also be
> > > a licensed firearms person.  :)
> >

> Which is why people from civilised nations give pause for thought before
> coming to relatively uncivilised countries like the US, where the highways
> are full (relatively speaking) of people with guns, a certain percentage of
> which are also psychotic, drunk, or just pissed off enough to use them.

True, but that percentage is very low. Murder in traffic is very rare here,
except with cars.

Take any drunk, pissed off or psychotic person driving an SUV or Pickup
truck -- to add a firearm would be rather redundant.

> I have heard it said that an armed society is a polite society, but I haven't
> observed that to be the case in the US. Maybe if _everyone_ had a
> gun............

Fact is, there are VERY few incidents involving firearms misuse by licensed
concealed-carry permit holders. Most of the phallocephalics out there
waving handguns are not licensed to carry them. The other end of the
spectrum is my other home, England, where you can go to prison for shooting
a home-invader, even if he has a record for rape and murder and has broken
into your home.

-Rock     http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
"JJ Cale Live" CD & Video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm