Spring mounts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spring mounts
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:57:42 -0700
When I was looking for springs, I found out that you can get springs
with a 2.5" ID in either 8 or 10" lengths very easily, in a wide
variety of spring rates. Unfortunately, the spring mounts for MGBs are
for 2.9" ID, and I'd need 9" for the ride height that I'm looking
for. While I've got everything apart, I can see what it would take to
make a spacer that would fit in the lower spring perch to raise it an
inch and narrow it so that it'll take the smaller (coilover style)
springs.

Up inside the crossmember, where it is a pain to get to, is a
centering disk for the top of the spring. It is held on by two bolts
(that seem to go into the bump stop). Does anyone have a front
suspension sufficiently disassembled that they could someone check on
the spacing and size of those bolt holes? It should be fairly simple
to make a sized down centering disc for the top, it's just a pain to
tear the car apart enough to measure it.

Thanks,

  Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.