Quality of new M/C's?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quality of new M/C's?
From: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:14:15 -0400
I purchased and installed a new clutch master cylinder last August. Moss
Motors shipped me a Delphi/AP/Lockheed LM13105 labeled box. Anyway, this M/C
is now defective. Just curious if this is typical, or just bad luck?

It's making horrible skrunchy noises, and the pedal doesn't travel smoothly.
Same problem as the one it replaced. I used fresh Castrol LMA in it, and
also replaced the slave cylinder and  clevis pins (in pedal box and at
slave).

Moss is honoring the warranty, no complaints there, but is there a better
part? Seeing as how the slave cyl is recently replaced, should I worry about
it now when R&R'ing the master this time?

--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net LLC  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.abs.net      voice: 410/361-8160