Re: Fuel Octane

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Octane
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:58:27 -0700 (PDT)
jdunphy SEZ -
 (With deletions...)
> Man I love the smell of leaded fuel ,
> even though its not like the real stuff of years gone by.

I also remember that gasoline used to smell a lot better than it
does today.  Today's gas smells sour.  I remember gas used to
smell almost sweet.  My grandfather worked for Standard Oil
(later ...Of California) all his life, and he told me that the
guys that drove the tanker trucks many times would breathe
the fumes while the trucks were getting loaded, sometimes until
they passed out, they loved the smell of the gas so much.  Of
course, nowadays we call that huffing...  Chevron was great
smelling gas, though.  I miss that smell.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do