Header paint

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header paint
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:02:14 -0400
Thanks for all of the advice, I think I got two recommendations for one of
the products, but otherwise I had a lot of different suggestions, some even
included rattle can paints.

This leads me to believe that some of the problem may have lied in my
preparation.  While I was very careful to degrease, I did not put much
effort into sanding preparation.

I am using aluminized tubing, and with the exception of the welds, I did not
sand any of the aluminization (how's that for a new word).  This time round
I will be sandblasting to make sure I remove all of the old paint, but
should I go to any extra effort to remove the aluminization (there it is
again), or will the blasting be sufficient?  I do not have the media yet but
anticipate using glass bead because I like the results I have had with it in
the past.

Thanks again for the help.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer