Coolant in oil - cleaning up after

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Coolant in oil - cleaning up after
From: "Parenti, Mark" <Mark.Parenti@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:17:37 -0400
Due to some "innovative" plumbing on my part, I ended up with coolant in
my oil (hint: make sure you connect up the hoses correctly on the ZS
carb). I'm now trying to make sure I get the system cleaned up
adequately. It didn't run very long in the configuration that was
dumping coolant into the oil (maybe a minute tops). I've done the
following so far:

1) Drained oil and changed filter. Refilled.
2) Ran engine for a minute or so.
3) Drained oil again. Refilled.

Next plan is to run engine for 5 or 10 minutes, then drain, replace
filter and refill. Is there anything else I should be doing? Should I
use a oil system cleaner product? Should I change the filter again
before running it or is changing after ok? Any other hints or
suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Parenti