MG Coming to America?

To: "MG List Postings" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Coming to America?
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:02:59 -0400
>From Grassroots Motorsport (GRM) June 2003 issue, interview with SCCA
President Steve Johnson:

GRM: Speaking of sponsors or potential sponsors, we've heard rumors that
you're talking to a British car company about maybe reintroducing their
brand to the United States.  Can you tell us about this?

Johnson:  You know, I obviously can't say it's MG, so I sure wouldn't want
to do that, but what a sports car brand!

What a brand name is MG.  I think everybody has heard of it.  Recently we've
had some conversations with them on potential partnering opportunities, and
if in fact they would like to relaunch the MG in the U.S. we would love to
be their marketing partner to do it.

We have a fair share of MGs that are still running with us and as I said
earlier, it's one of the classic sports cars out there.  We'd love to
partner with them; I think it would be a great fit with the Sports Car Club
of America.

Dean
(One of the SCCA MG's "still running")