Re: Looking for a starter in Oregon area

To: holtt@nacse.org, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for a starter in Oregon area
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:48:03 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/03 1:37:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, holtt@nacse.org
writes:

> Hey I'm looking for a new starter for my MG Midget ('74).  Anyone happen
> to have one available?  I did order one but got the "not in stock, 4-6
> weeks deliver" thing.  In the mean time, I thought I'd see if I could
> find one through alternate means.  Would prefer one in pretty good shape
> (new or rebuild).

I took mine to an auto electric shop and had it rebuilt.  It was expensive,
but it looks and works like new.  I bought a rebuilt from Moss, and it was no
where near as nice as mine after it was rebuilt.  The Moss rebuild had
stripped and mismatched screw heads, and the paint job was not very good.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)