Re: Positive or Negative Ground

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Positive or Negative Ground
From: Chris Thompson <ct-mg@cthompson.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:52:25 -0400
Rick Brown (mgrick@mgcars.org.uk) wrote:
> I have a British Leyland Radio up on ebay for sale - Can anyone tell me how
>can I tell if the radio is positive or negative ground?  There are no markings
>on the radio itself and I got it in a box of parts so I have never had it in a
>car myself.  Thanks

Doesn't the fact that it's labeled British Leyland mean that it would have
to be late enough to be negative ground? Some quick google work shows, I
think, that "British Leyland" came into being in 1971. Before that it was
BMC.

I would wager that it's negative ground.

Now, does anyone have the URL of the place that takes vintage car radios
like that and refits them with digital AM/FM tuners and solid state amps?
Chris Thompson
1974 MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster