Steering parts help please

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering parts help please
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:50:25 EDT
Hi List: As my car was in a flood once upon a time, I am taking apart
everything, cleaning, painting where necessary and reassembling as I continue
the restoraton.
However, tonight I removed a "bearing assembly" with a large O ring inside.
The assembly was located at the very top end of the outer steering housing.
I cannot locate a replacement part for this in the Moss catalog. And, the
only thing that "sounds" close from the Bentley illustrated parts manual is
called an oil seal. Could this be what it is even thought it has ball
bearings as well as an O ring?
If so, where do I get one. Mine fell apart in my hand due to the years and
years of silt inside.

You help is appreciated very much.
Dennis Barr
early 74B that ain't getting any newer