Re: heater core

To: crenner@dynalivery.com
Subject: Re: heater core
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:18:15 -0400
Chuck,
  I can't speak to the quality of new cores, but my experience with the
original one in my '72 GT might be useful.
  At 30 years of age the thing sprung a leak.  I went through the usual
struggle to remove it from the car and found one tiny crack in the
solder.  Took it to the radiator shop for testing and mending.  The owner
remarked as he accepted my $15 that he enjoyed working on these old
British radiators because they were so solid that a minor repair would
keep them working for another 25 years without troubles.
  Considering the difficulties of heater removal and replacement, that
was good to hear.
Bob