Re: F1 and Nascar

To: jdunphy <jdunphy@wideopenwest.com>, MGLIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: F1 and Nascar
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 07:32:32 -0700 (PDT)
--- jdunphy <jdunphy@wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> Enough said but I will quote from espn.com
> http://espn.go.com/rpm/hp/features/1541029.html
> <quote>
> From Jeff Gordon
> "I'm just excited about this opportunity. It's
> something I've dreamed of,
> just getting behind the wheel of an F1 car and
> seeing what it was like,"
> said the Californian. "I don't plan on going F1
> racing, but I would love to
> just get that experience."
> Me: HAHAHAHA  thats funny Jeff has a sense of humor,
> he wont drive F1
> because he has a snowball's chance in hell of doing
> so.
>
> Juan Pablo Montoya is similarly delighted at the
> prospect of this novel
> experience: "It will be very interesting for me, and
> driving a big, heavy
> NASCAR car will certainly be different to driving a
> Formula car. I will
> enjoy the opportunity, and I don't think Jeff should
> be concerned that I
> will take away his job."
> ME: Why would I give up driving the most advanced
> race cars in the world to
> drive an overweight tractor
> </quote>
>
> So which car will turn the faster lap ?

Hi All,
      This thread is not going
anywhere..lol...comparing F-1 to Nascar(did I get that
right?), is like comparing an unlimited hydroplane to
a sternwheel barge pusher..it isn't on.
     I did see some Nascar racers trying to drive on
some American road race circuits some years ago..They
had about 800 HP and went as fast as 120 HP Sports
Racing cars..hmmmm....."nuf said.
Howard

http://search.yahoo.com