Re: feel-good accessories

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: feel-good accessories
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:12:36 -0700 (PDT)
Kevin Smith SEZ -
> On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 12:59  AM, Aaron Whiteman wrote:
> > Today was such a day.  It only cost me $40K plus $7, but after 7 years
> > I finally have something to celebrate.
>
> Congratulations.  I felt the same way when they handed me my Alumni key
> chain--a lot of money for a key chain! :)

Alas, my UPS alumni key chain, which had the keys to most every
car I'd ever owned on it, was stolen from my evil SUV two years ago.
They took that, a raincoat, a laser pointer and my briefcase.
They left a portable CD player, my checkbook, Valentine 1 radar
detector and a camera.  Go figure.  A briefcase full of junk and
a bunch of keys to cars I don't own anymore (including my first
car, my 1968 MGB).  So now I'm resigned to locking my truck every
night, in my own driveway.

I remember when I got the raise that enabled me to make as much in
a year as I spent in a year going to college.  It took about two
years to reach that plateau.  I took my boss to lunch.  I never
bothered to put an alumni sticker on my car.  They got enough of
my money when I was there.  :-)

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do