Re: Scary Healey

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scary Healey
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:44:20 +1030
Mowog1@aol.com wrote:

> > As an aside, we were given the figures tonight which showed that the
> > MGCC in South Australia is far and away the largest single-marque club
> > in our State - next biggest, go figure, is the Jaguar Car Club :-)
> >

> Scotty would be proud.   rick

Thanks for reminding me, Rick.  I sometimes forget that you guys knew
Scotty here before I did.  Just a last few words (he would have been
embarrassed at the attention but deserved it).

There was a lovely feature on Scotty in a latest club magazine - which
mentions that he was "an amazing man whose life was packed full of
experiences, many of which are just now being discovered by those who
knew him" because he "didn't speak about himself".  The article is quite
extensive (compiled and published with the permission of his wife Carol.
 Briefly...

I never knew he had his pilot's licence or that he flew Tiger Moths for
many years (and was into aerobatics and also built his own ultra lite
aircraft) or that he was accepted into Harvard University and joined in
with the Boston T-Register. He had owned a number of MGs; restored a
concours winning MGC; competed in hillclimbs, motorkhanas and sprints;
and his last venture was a 1934 MG J2 (which sadly he was unable to complete).

Scotty was a bit of a rebel (militarily serving with the elite Royal
Green Jackets) and I think was born to be an LBC person - and he was.

--
Eric
'68 MGB MkII